New Assignment: Artist Trading Cards
Artist trading cards are a popular culture phenomenon. If you Google ATCs you will find over 6 million results. Typically they are mini-collages that alter a playing card or are the same size as a baseball trading card or a playing card. Artists pick a theme to inform their design and then trade them with others on the internet, at art events, and even conventions. They are generally not sold, just traded. You will be creating 3 cards total and one will be a self-identity card for this class.
- Create 3 (or more) artist trading cards between today and block day.
- Try out different materials for each card.
- One card must be about YOU. Think about this as a self-portrait, it does not have to have a face on it.
- Create two other cards of your own theme
- Don't be afraid to take a creative risk? How can you make yours unique?
Materials available: Magazines, markers, oil pastels, scissors, glue, watercolor, colored pencil.
Mixed media ideas:
-Watercolor, colored pencil
-Watercolor pen and ink
-Colored pencil. vaseline
-Collage with pen and ink
-Oil Pastel and collage
-Watercolor and Oil pastel
-Pen and ink first, charcoal and water added on top